söndag 21 december 2008

Back to the Rooths!


This is my new tatoo!
Ha ha, no its not, its just a picture I found on the internet. But it is pretty dam cool!
I found it here, also a inspiering site

Isnt the title of todays post extremly cathy and funny?! Not really but I just had to.

I have been back here at my childhood suroundings of Stockholm/Södertälje for a few days now, being very lazy and comfortable. Really a bit too lazy, I have not felt like studying at all, and when I am trying to write on the thesis it just goes soooo slowly, I work for maybe one hour all together and then I feel good, pad my self a bit on the shoulder and go and do other stuff. Not very productive. But it feels like everything is a crazy mess of words and meanings and I dont know how to sort if out, and certainly not how to write it in academic language and make any sort of statement or discovery with it.
But well, never mind that now. I will work a bit on it tomorrow, and then I will have a propper christmas holiday, not looking at it for atleast 4 days.

What I have been doing these days, all since I stepped on the night buss from Malmö acctually, is knitted, knitted and knitted some more. It seems like I cant stop. But I am almost a bit feed up with it now. I have decied to give quite a lot of people knitted stuff for christmas. Partly because I dont have much money, but mostly because it is fun to do and fun to see when they get it. The funny face of people trying to hide their disapointment and the "just what I always wanted" is worht it all! No, I hope it wont be like that. It is not the most tidy things that I have made (doh!) but I think it will be a bit cute at least. I try to put up pictures of some of it after the holidays are over. I have started to learn this new tecnique that is about adding differnt squares together. It is really fun, and I am planing on doing a blanket or a big scarf like this someday. Maybe something like this window 15. Gorgerous.

Window 16-19
of my neglected but now forgotten advent calender will have to be in one big chunk, but this is really something that is so good and helpful. If anyone reads this who ever thought it would be fun to learn how to knit but find it too complicated or tricky with the instructions, you need to see this. It will be like a revolution knittwise!


Window 20 is connected to this wonderful woman, Frida Kahlo who is one of my favorite artists and ansisters. She had amazing paintings and led an amazing life as well I think, no matter all the pain. My friend Ebba gaved me the cutest little match box with her picture on yesterday, so that is how I got to think of her.



And least but not last, window 21 for today. I should probably have posted it in the begining if anyone would have liked to buy gifts from there. But better late than never. And it can also be a place to spend recived money, or why not sell any of your newly knits! Or just a place to find inspiration and be amazed by the creativity and talent of people.

Allright now, sleep tight dont let the craxy christmas stress bite!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Fint att du har hunnit med att sticka lite! Jag kände redan till Etsy, har köpt en t-shirt och lite annat där, det är en underbar sida men nästan FÖR mycket grejer där. Skriver man ett sökord är det ju typ 500 sidor som kommer upp (jag råkade söka på "rabbit" hehe), men jättefina saker som folk har gjort, absolut.

Kul att vi hann träffas, stor kram!